We have a home! The Historical Society of Forest Park made history Sept. 10. The membership of the Historical Society voted enter into a purchase agreement with 1st United Church, 1000 Elgin Ave., to create a partnership for the Forest Park Heritage and History Center. Just as the congregation took a leap of faith in the 1920s to build this church, we are taking a leap of faith in the future of Forest Park to create value for our village through arts and community space. The historical society will help an historic congregation maintain their faith community.
The society is using a special account of restricted funds gifted by the former St. Peter’s Church congregation as down payment for our permanent home. We hope to have a signed agreement in early October. We are already in a rental agreement with Forest Park’s Montessori Creative language school for classroom space. We will also make the space available to rent for cultural and arts events in Forest Park.
Leave a Reply.